Diwali 2015 - Gift Ideas
Hi guys a giveaway is going on.. Keep Reading to know more :)
I am so excited for Diwali this year. The weather is changed a lot. The nip in the air came with a festive buzz. The festival of lights is at the corner so I thought to begin my #MSaysHappyDiwali series for you guys. I have so many decoration ideas and recipes post is queue and I am ready to throw all in the four days of pre-diwali preparations.
The season of spreading joy and happiness is almost here. In this post we will discussed how to give your friends or family members, a piece of happiness and make their Diwali, super festive. Exchanging gifts during Diwali is an age-old tradition but with each passing year, the nature of these gifts is also changing quite significantly.
The good old boxes of mithai is gone with the time and now one look forward for the exquisite home decor, gourmet food and electronic hampers! Here’s a list of the season’s best and unique gifts ideas...
1. Contemporary Desserts: This year go beyond ladoos and barfi and try some Donuts. Not a donuts fan, its ok gift a chocolate orange cake or vanila blue berry truffle. Yes these things are available at your nearby bakeries, you just have to look for them.
2. Homemade is good-made: I know some of you would say, no we wants to be all traditional this year or our grand parents would not prefer the donuts. Then don't buy the sweets rather make it at home and surprise them with the love filled kheer or gulab jamun. Recipe post is coming up :)
3. Hampers: Specially crafted gifts for the loved ones are always the best. If you hand picked the goodies and filled the basket for your friends or family that for sure bring the largest smile on their faces.
You may load the basket with delectable items like chocolates, dry fruits, organic honey, estate teas, fruit bars and cakes and decorate the basket with confetti and sparkles. That would enhance the festive feeling.
4. Deck The Halls: Not with holly but with traditional diyas. There are many decorative diyas, lanterns, candles are easily available in markets. You may put these things along with the food hampers or prepare a urban chic goodies bag in which you can gift puja thalis, silver coins, flower vines etc that would help the receiver a lot.
I suggest to give such gifts in a day advance so they can use the items... :)
5. All time favorites: The fun hampers that featured colourful platters, napkin holders, coffee mugs and foodie cushion covers are always in. Even coffee maker, hand blenders and silverware can be a a good option as diwali gifts.
6. Female Zone: Traditional thinking is gift any Makeup kit, a colourful kurti or trendy hand bag and you are done. But this diwali you may try something different. Gift them a voucher from any beauty or health saloon. Surprise them with rejuvenating products, such as Strawberry Body Polish, Tea Tree Oil or Cocoa Butter Body Cream.
You may also pick some goodies boxes such as MSM box or Sugar Box which you may customized according to the taste of the person.
7. How to make a boy happy: Think beyond watches, play station or even a tool kit for the guys. You may gift them Diwali Munchies like how about a jars packed with caramelized hazelnuts. And if the are nothing but a gizmo freak, try these - fitness tracker, Kindle, Theta camera, Wireless pen-drive.
With gifts in you hands... SAY HAPPY DIWALI. Tag me at #MSaysHappyDiwali and share your ideas with me on any social networking site. Also leave in comments which one is your favorite gift idea.
The Yay!! GiveAway: This is probably the most unique giveaway for you guys. I am super excited for this one. Although the give away is already begin, I will reveal the products with each of my diwali post! Take sneak peak here :)
Thanks for reading guys :) Enjoy the festive season!